Indiana’s United Ways believe that long-term meaningful impact is achieved in communities when quality programs are combined with public policy and advocacy work.
Our advocacy work is
- Non-partisan and supports sound policy principles;
- Blends research, recommendations, and representation;
- Seeks practical, long-term solutions to human needs;
- Uses its convening power to craft compromise policies, balancing the needs of various constituencies; and supports national United Way initiatives while creating a state-level focus on administrative and legislative advocacy.
- Provides support to local United Ways in their policy work, including presentations to boards and agency partners, webinars and advocacy.
Interested in getting involved in our advocacy work? Contact Maggie Clifton to learn more.