Professional Development and Conference Opportunities Exclusive to United Ways and United Funds
IUW provides United Ways and United Funds with a variety of on-going learning and networking opportunities, some of which are listed below. For a full menu and schedule, please go to the Members Only area.
IUW Member Exclusives
- Executive Roundtables Member executives gather quarterly to learn from each other, consider key issues, and stay current on statewide and regional trends and opportunities. IUW opportunities are shared and member feedback is garnered for informed decision-making.
- Staff Roundtables The staffs of member United Ways and United Funds gather 5 times a year to focus on key business model and efficiency topics, such as workplace campaign, the Impact continuum, marketing and communications, volunteer engagement, and finances. Roundtables feature an opening guest presenter success story followed by open sharing and peer-to-peer trouble shooting.
- New Executive Director Training Designed specifically for executives who have been in their United Way/United Fund position 2 or fewer years, this annual training focuses on orienting new executives to their roles, providing and understanding of United Way best practices and core competencies, and develops cohort groups for on-going support and networking.
United Ways & United Funds
- Great Rivers The Great Rivers Conference is an annual regional conference, bringing over 300 United Way professionals from 12 states together to network, learn, and engage. The 2018 Conference will be held in Indianapolis, March 5-8. Click here to learn more
- State Leaders Conference This is a day of learning for staff and volunteers featuring keynote and breakout sessions and includes Volunteers of the Year Awards Banquet and Reception, Community Impact Star Awards, Castladi Awards, IUW's Annual Meeting and Golden Excellence in Media Communications Contest.
- IUW Learning (formally INRN) Indiana United Ways offers fee-based training, professional development, and strategic/development guidance to nonprofits both independently and in conjunction with local United Ways and community partners. Whether you are a university student thinking about getting into the nonprofit field, someone who works in the corporate world who is considering nonprofit board service, or are currently serving on a nonprofit board or working for a nonprofit organization, you will find the learning opportunities listed below tremendously helpful.. Click here for our current learning opportunities.