Douglas W. Eberle Not-for-Profit Board Governance Series
Who should come to this series? Anyone in nonprofit, but particularly board members and potential board members.
What's new this year? So much good stuff!
- We're asking for your assistance in being good stewards! If you are purchasing the Series Package option for yourself or for your organization, we're asking you to appoint one contact person in your organization who will confirm attendance of someone at least 5 days in advance of the session. This helps us to ensure that we do not over- or under-estimate food or materials, and it helps our presenters better prepare to deliver their best to you.
- All registrations are handled quickly, securely, and simply online with our shopping cart system. You add any session you want to your "cart," then complete a registration form and "checkout" with Paypal or a major credit card.
- This year's series is built around the Steven Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and is meant to help you deepen your nonprofit professional skill set by combining theory, practice, and a layered learning approach to every session
- Some sessions may have pre-work so that you can really apply what you learn when you leave.
How do I get the most of out this series? 1) come to every session yourself because you will find that the learning builds on what came before and prepares you for what is to come; and 2) registering for all 9 sessions at once is the most cost-effective option (saving you $30)
What is the cost? Register for all 9 sessions for $150.00, a discount of $30.00, or register for sessions individually at a cost of $20 per session. Major credit cards and Paypal are accepted through the online registration system (scroll to the registration buttons).
Where do the sessions take place? All sessions take place at the Lafayette Country Club
What are the dates and times? All sessions begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.. We recommend you arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in, get coffee, and get a good seat. We break for lunch at approximately noon, and resume at 12:30 p.m. (athough some lunch periods may be working sessions). Sessions conclude at 2:00 p.m.
- February 7: Next Level Leadership
- March 7: Marketing Magic
- April 4: Measure What Matters
- May 2: From Paper to Practice - Strategic Plan Implementation
- June 6: Diverse Board, Strong Board
- August 8: Nonprofit Finance Demystified
- September 5: Data in a Digital Age
- October 3: Building a Strategic Board
- November 7: No More Bored Boards
How can I learn more about the topics and presenters? Click here to learn more
I have registration questions or need help. Whom do I contact? Please contact IUW Outreach Manager John Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-660-8409 (office direct) for questions about registration. Contact Leslie Fernung, Grants and Scholarships Coordinator at the Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette at email@example.com or call 765-742-9078 for inquiries about the Douglas W. Eberle Board Governance Series or other Foundation programs..
See our FAQs page for more answers about registration and related items
How do I use this online registration system? This system functions just like an online shopping cart for your favorite store: make your selection(s) and load your cart. To "check out," you'll go to your cart (there will be a yellow square that says "cart" in the upper right hand corner of your screen) and follow the prompts to pay. When you've completed the transaction, you'll get a confirmation email Note that if you select the "Series Package Option" (meaning purchasing all the sessions in a series at one time), you will fill out your registration form as part of your check-out process. If you want to purchase one or some of the sessions, you will complete and submit your registration form in order to get the link to load your shopping cart. If you run into problems or just want someone to help walk you through the steps, give us a call at 317-660-8409!